Southern Indiana ENT Treats Severe Sinus Pain Symptoms
Constantly suffering from chronic sinus infections can negatively impact your overall health and functionality. Southern Indiana ENT Sinus & Allergy offers treatment options to relieve Columbus, IN residents of their sinus pain symptoms. Over-the-counter medications don’t provide the lasting relief that balloon sinuplasty or LATERA® nasal implants offer. Our ear, nose, and throat specialists perform convenient in-office CT scans to evaluate your sinuses. Evaluating your sinuses allows us to determine the cause of your sinus infection symptoms. Our team can treat your headaches, cough, and discomfort so that you can feel better and get those good nights of sleep you have been missing. Together, we will stop sinusitis from interfering with your life.
How Do Sinus Infection Symptoms Occur?
Sinusitis, or sinus infections, is a common condition that affects over 30 million Americans. Attempting to treat sinus infections with over-the-counter medication can become quite costly as the results often do not last and require further medication or treatment. Sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinus cavities or spaces in the head. The cavities fill with fluid becoming swollen and blocked. The healthy mucus cannot drain correctly from blocked cavities, creating a build-up of mucus, viruses, bacteria, and fungus. The presence of sinusitis swelling can have various causes, including:
• Viruses & Bacteria — The common cold is a viral infection that targets the nose and throat. The presence of viruses and bacteria in the nasal passage causes swelling, which prevents the flow of mucus.
• Nasal Polyps — Nasal polyps are growths inside the nasal cavity that can lead to airway blockage. A blocked airway increases the chances of sinus infection symptoms like ear, jaw, and tooth pain.
• Allergens — Allergies cause inflammation of the nose and sinuses, preventing mucus from adequately draining. Breathing in pollen, mold, and animal dander can lead to sinus symptoms like eye pain.
• Deviated Septum — The nasal septum separates the nostrils. Displacement of the septum affects airflow and contributes to the development of sinusitis.
• Weakened Immune System — Your body struggles to fight off viruses and bacteria when your immune system is compromised.
Sinus Pain Symptoms: Head, Eyes, Ears, & Teeth
Our team of professionals implements state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and categorize sinusitis. Since there are various causes of sinus infections, it may be challenging to determine if you have a sinus infection. The effects of sinus infections can take a toll on your well-being and often mimic the symptoms of other illnesses. If you have any or all of the warning signs of sinusitis, contact us to get a convenient in-office CT scan. Common sinus infection symptoms include:
• Pain or Pressure of the Forehead, Nose, Cheeks, & Eyes
• Earache, Toothache, & Jaw Ache
• Congestion & Runny Nose
• Loss of Smell
• Sore Throat
• Bad Breath
Fast, Effective, & Easy Sinus Infection Treatment Options
At our office, we specialize in sinus infection treatment that will give you long-term relief from the irritating side effects of sinusitis. We implement the latest technology to diagnose your sinus concerns safely and accurately. Once the status of your sinus cavities is confirmed, our team will guide you through a list of our effective treatment options. Relief from sinus head pain symptoms such as poor sleep and difficulty breathing is made possible by our ear, nose, and throat experts. The treatments we offer include:
• LATERA® Nasal Implants — Nasal implants are placed by our professionals inside the lateral wall of the nose. The implants support the inflamed nose cartilage by opening the airway to increase mucus drainage and make it easier for you to breathe. LATERA® is an excellent solution for those who suffer from Nasal Valve Collapse.
• ClariFix® Cryotherapy — You may have chronic rhinitis if you suffer from a constant runny or stuffy nose. ClariFix® treats the symptoms of chronic rhinitis by freezing the area of your nasal passage that is causing the inflammation. This safe treatment is an effective alternative to nasal sprays and medication.
• VIVAER® — Radiofrequency technology targets nasal blockages by reshaping the cartilage of your nose. This non-invasive procedure is quick and improves airflow almost immediately.
• Balloon Sinuplasty — Our experts utilize a small balloon to open the sinus passageway by reshaping the blocked area. This minimally invasive procedure increases the drainage capabilities of your nose to provide lasting relief from chronic sinus infections.
Choose Southern Indiana ENT for Lasting Sinus Relief
Southern Indiana ENT Sinus & Allergy offers long-lasting treatment options so you can stop suffering from sinus pain symptoms. Residents of Columbus, IN trust our experts to create an individualized treatment plan to stop their symptoms at the root of the problem. Our office provides comprehensive testing and diagnosis along with an on-site surgery room for your convenience. If you want to know the status of your sinuses immediately, you can take our online self-assessment, and one of our experts will follow up with you. You no longer need to pay for over-the-counter medications and remedies that don’t treat the source. Sinusitis can be conquered with our powerful treatment options. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.