Allergy Drops: Treating the Cause not covering the Symptoms
You recognize allergies by the frustrating symptoms that impact your daily life, but real solutions can only be found in addressing the root cause. Let our expert team of allergy specialists go to work for you; creating an individualized treatment plan specifically targeting your underlying allergy issues
Sublingual immunotherapy for allergies (Allergy Drops) is a safe and effective long-term solution to your allergy problems. Are you ready to live life beyond allergies?
Discover the relief that Allergy Shots can provide.
Relief from Symptoms
Unlike over-the-counter allergy medications, immunotherapy seeks to solve the underlying allergy issue. This results in both long-term solutions as well as a rapid reduction in symptoms. Patients can finally achieve real relief from the headaches, fatigue, itchy eyes, runny nose and other symptoms that interrupt daily life.
Relief from Shots
Many American adults and children have avoided immunotherapy for their allergies because of the need for frequent office visits that require shots. Allergy drops allow people of all ages to find long-term and effective allergy relief without the needles. The customized treatment solution is simply placed under the tongue (sublingual) without the need for an office visit or a shot schedule.
Relief from Inconvenience
Effective treatment does not need to be inconvenient. Sublingual immunotherapy is safe and simple enough to be done from any location. This eliminates the need to schedule frequent office visits and does not require patients to miss work, school, or any other important activities.
Relief from Extra Expenses
Sublingual immunotherapy is a cost-effective solution for long-term allergy relief. Additional savings are often found in:
- Fewer hours of missed work
- Fewer transportation costs due to a reduction in office visits
- Fewer expenses for over-the-counter allergy medication
- More time to invest in the things that really matter
In order to fully understand how to achieve long-term allergy relief, it is important to understand what allergies are, how immunotherapy works, and the specific options that are available for you.
An individual’s immune system protects the body from infection; however, when this natural defense mechanism attacks an otherwise harmless substance that is known as an Allergy. The allergy is most often recognized by the symptoms that are created during this attack. These symptoms range from inconvenient to life-threatening and prevent allergy sufferers from enjoying all that life has to offer. Other important factors to consider:
- An allergen is the specific substance that generates the immune system response. Many allergy sufferers respond to multiple allergens in unique ways.
- Allergens may include food, mold, dust, pet dander, pollutants, and other environmental substances.
- Allergens can be year-round or seasonal and may depend on specific weather conditions, geographic location, and other factors.
- Treating the underlying immune system response is the only way to achieve long-term allergy relief.
Immunotherapy is an individualized treatment plan that gradually trains the immune system to respond naturally to harmless allergens. This process quickly results in a significant reduction of allergy symptoms and over time may culminate in the total elimination of an allergy. This process begins with detailed allergy testing to discover the specific allergen(s) as well as the level of immune system response to each individual allergen.
Immunotherapy treatment plans are tailored to each individual patient based on their immune response and usually involve two treatment options. Both options involve introducing small amounts of allergens into the body in order to gradually equip the immune system to respond naturally.
- Subcutaneous Immunotherapy (under the skin) – This process involves a series of frequent shots that are done under medical supervision in the doctor’s office.
- Sublingual Immunotherapy (under the tongue) – A safe and effective alternative to shots that involves having a few drops of liquid placed under the tongue. This treatment plan can be self-administered and can be done from any location, including the patient’s home.
As the immune system desensitizes to the allergen, the symptoms will quickly reduce. The goal is for the body to no longer attack the allergen, resulting in a total elimination of the allergy and the accompanying symptoms.
Drops or Shots?
Subcutaneous and Sublingual Immunotherapy treatment plans are both safe and effective in providing long-term relief; however, allergy drops have significant advantages that help achieve patient success and satisfaction. If you are looking for long-term relief from the allergies that impact your life, contact us today to discover what allergy drops can do for you.